Have You Noticed?
I have generally been dealing with fairly serious subjects in this blog. For a change of pace, I’d like to share some not-so-serious observations. I’m sure you can add some of your own. Please feel free to do so.
So, just for fun, have you noticed that:
- On Twitter, everyone is a follower.
- Those who can, do; those who can’t, tell you you’re doing it wrong.
- We create short slides for presentations, and then spend an hour explaining them.
- We use exclamation points more in emails than in any other kind of writing.
- Everyone seems to be blogging, and usable information doesn’t seem to be increasing.
- Economists are like TV weathermen. They get paid no matter how often they are wrong.
- The more meetings we hold on productivity, the less work gets done.
- The same companies that monitor their employees’ phones to improve customer relations have executives with unlisted numbers.
- Each new model year, all the cars in a class seem to have a similar design.
- Taxes keep going up, but services keep going down.
- A vacation day is always shorter than a work day.
- The more we do, the more we have to do.
- Everyone wants to be a strategist.
- The less practical experience someone has, the more he wants to talk theory.